I recently found a new addiction, I called it 'addiction' since even if I go to work, I would go to the baking aisle just to look for the ingredients that I need to bake another batch of it. I am addicted to perfecting the art of baking those finicky french macarons. French macarons are those colourful meringue-based cookie filled with your own choice of fillings (cream cheese, buttercream, ganache, etc.) It is completely different from MACAROONS which are make of those coconut meat. Since I seriously can't find a bakery here in scarborough that sells these delish sweets, I decided to just learn how to make them. Learning is easy, but the actual process is the complete opposite. It took me four tries to finally achieve a perfect result. You need to have accurate measurements of ingredients, right temperature even humidity is a factor, and a whole bunch of patience. I consulted almost all video tutorials that you can find in youtube just to know what would be the right technique in making them. The first try, the cookie was undercook since a lot of the cookies were stuck from the parchment paper and they were super hollow. I made it with my friend grace and what's so interesting about it was we manually beat the egg whites! It was baking/arm exercise at once! I had a lot of fun baking them but although it was not the result that we were hoping for, the cookies with the buttercream filling that we made tasted good. The second batch that I made was almost there. The only problem I encountered was there was still a bit of cracking on the shell but it was not that hollow and, the chocolate buttercream that I made became so runny because I forgot that I placed my butter on the stove top so it was all melted. It was so tasty but, the filling was dripping whenever I try eating them. Third, was the worst! I can't even believe what happened. The cookies became soooooo thin and hard! If you are from the Philippines and you know the cookie "Pasencia".. yep! i discovered the art of making those cookies accidentally! HAHAHAH! I was so disappointed by that batch. I even had my friends over when I baked them and because of that, they witnessed my epic failure. =p For sure, that third try made me inspired to try to really perfect the 4th batch. I seriously went to read all the articles about the failed macarons and how did that happened. I tried to remember everything I've done wrong and took note of it. I checked the consistency of the batter, the right way of "macronage", measured my ingredients compared to my "that-would-be-fine-i-guess" way of measuring, and making sure that the batter was set properly before putting it in the oven. I am so glad that I got my freaking FEET! my parents even ate half of them. I am a happy macaron-baker! hopefully I can continue making almost perfect macarons coz for sure, I would be baking more of them and play with different flavours and colours. I want to make a chocolate macarons with cream cheese filling tomorrow. Hopefully it would yield good results!
Here are some images of my macarons baking journey. Blame this new addiction to me not blogging often (yes blame it to others!)
|This was the 1st trial|
|The super failed trial|
|my 2nd one|
|and this was the 4th try! see those much-loved feet!! =)|
=) love love love *watching Kristv as of the moment, hence the last words*
- Yes.. I didn't get the position that I applied for. It was ok.. I guess, as I said on my last post, God gave me a sign for me to go to the next step. I am not closing my doors to the possibilities that my current company can give me but in a way, I want to experience new things as well. God has a better plan for me, that I don't doubt. Hoping for the best. He'll bring me to the right path for sure ;p
- For the friggin longest time, at last! I was able to hang out with 2 of my bestfriends! last saturday, I saw camille after... i guess 7 months! omg. i just counted and it was really 7 months! wowww! we went to our friend's place to hangout and also, were able to watch that stupid gayweather fight (uhuh! pacman forever baby! lol) so funny how the whole house rejoiced when we all thought mayweather lost! hahhaha! well, it was cut short when we all realized we were all wrong. Its not everyday that a whole bunch of people in one room all got something wrong at the same time. hahah! you can imagine the gayweather hatred in that room for sure! I just did not like the fact that we didn't go home early.. So i missed the planned breakfast at Ikea the next day huhu.. but apart from that, I enjoyed hanging out with my closest friends here in Tdot.. its been a while =)
- Last monday, we went to visit my bff ever and saw her two bundles of joy! omg! i miss erika so much and enrico was sooo big now! i can't believe he could grow that fast in 4 months time!!! we went to the mall to just hang out and ate some congee which is so missing in my life.. and waa! panicked for we saw this store that sells cheap chucks and sports apparels! Thank God I don't have that much resources or I might've bought the whole friken store! Thank you Beechoo and Susie for introducing me to that store! for sure the hubby will be so happy to go to that store and buy him some chucks =)
- Today is such a friggin annoying shift.. annoying but ok-ish since its not that busy.. annoying coz i feel like its such a waste to go to work for only 4 hours.. and most of all, starting at 6 pm? really... everyone is trying to get home while I am trying to be at work.. sighss! *patience is a virtue.. I am a very positive person (tells that to myself repeatedly)*
- I posted a review of my holygrail products, some h&m event sale on thursday, and coupon codes for ELF and michaels. I am soooo productive today here in blogger.. what has gotten into me?? hehehe..
- lastly, I WANNA GO BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES ASAP! i miss my hubby soooooooo much!
Hey Its Me.. DEAH
You might be able to see some swearing and bitching here and
there so that's a warning.. Not suitable for babies.. lol..
Enjoy and HATERS/SPAMMERS, STAY AWAY!!!!
Lemme Know U Exist
- joe cheng
- love or bread
- ariel lin
- arjoe fanart
- me and myself
- they kiss again
- work mode
- arjoe mv
- random blurbs
- blog random blurbs family affair
- confessions of shopaholic
- nail art
- twilight saga
- family affair
- garnier bb cream
- movie review
- nightly blurbs